Nandi teen kills cousin over charging mobile phone

The teenager is on the run after allegedly stabbing his own cousin

• Kinoti said that the teen stabbed his cousin with an arrow after a disagreement.

• The older cousin was confirmed dead on arrival at the hospital.

Crime scene photo
Image: Courtesy

The Directorate of Criminal Investigations has stepped up search efforts for a 17-year-old suspect who killed his cousin over charging a mobile phone.

According to DCI director George Kinoti, Josphat Kibet, 31, was confirmed dead when he arrived at the Kapsabet County Referral hospital.

Kinoti claimed that on Sunday night in Kaimosi, Nandi County, the suspect had stabbed Kibet with an arrow.

According to detectives' preliminary findings, the two had a dispute over who would charge their phone first.

The deceased was stabbed on the left side of his chest by the suspect before running away,  Kinoti said.

This comes a week after another shocking incident happened in Narok where a Standard Eight pupil confessed to having killed a woman and her three children, among them, an unborn infant in Poroko village.

Police found the bodies of Juliet Naeku's sons, 10-year-old Evans Mioki and five-year-old Eliot Leitipa, dumped 150 metres from their home on Monday before the suspect confessed to the killings.

Trans Mara West Sub-County commander Hamisi Ganzallah said the suspect came to the police station in Kilgoris and gave contradictory statements raising suspicions.

"The suspect came to Kiligoris police station and told us that he had been attacked and injured by criminals while heading home," he said.

According to Ganzallah, the police noticed that the suspect had been injured and wanted to know more details about the attack.

On the way to the scene, the police came across a group of people helping a pregnant woman identified as Juliet Naeku who had been badly injured.

Unaware the boy was related to the injured woman, police took her to St Joseph's Mission Hospital where she received treatment and was later referred to Narok County Hospital before later on dying from her injuries.

Police found two other bodies the following day and took them to Kilgoris Mission Hospital mortuary in Narok.

WATCH: For the latest videos on entertainment stories

Check out the latest news here and you are welcome to join our super exclusive Mpasho Telegram group for all the latest and breaking news in entertainment. We would also like to hear from you, WhatsApp us on +254 736 944935.