• Mr. Ruto kept his promise of appointing Mudavadi as the Prime Cabinet Secretary.
• Ruto said that Gachagua will chair cabinet meetings.
President William Ruto has just revealed his new look cabinet which had a few surprises. The Head of State outlined the roles he has delegated to Deputy President Rigathi Gachagua.
"As I promised, my deputy is going to be a very busy person," Ruto said in a statement at State House, Nairobi ahead of the unveiling members of his cabinet.
He said Gachagua will chair cabinet committees and oversee implementation of cabinet decisions across all ministries.
He also said the DP will coordinate intergovernmental relations between the national government and county governments
He said he will issue an executive order for print to assign the DP very clear responsibilities that will help him discharge his responsibilities as President in accordance wit the Constitution.
Musalia Mudavadi has been name the Prime Cabinet Secretary.
'That office is the most senior after that of the president and DP office," Ruto said.
Ruto said he will assist the DP and the president in liaison with interior ministry.
"He will oversee the government projects. He will coordinate national legislative agenda," he said.
He will facilitate inter-ministeral coordination of programs and supervise evaluation of government programs across ministries.
President William Ruto also appointed Kithure Kindiki as the Interior Cabinet secretary. Check out the full list below;
1. Prime Cabinet Secretary - Musalia Mudavadi
2. Interior CS- Kithure Kindiki
3. National Treasury CS - Prof. juguna Ndung'u
4. Public Service CS - Aisha Jumwa
5. Defence CS - Aden Duale
6. Water CS - Alice Wahome
7. Foreign and Diaspora Affairs CS - Alfred Mutua
8. Trade CS - Moses Kuria
9. East African Community CS - Rebecca Miano
10. Roads, Transport CS - Kipchumba Murkomen.
11. Environment CS- Roslinda Soipan Tuta
12. Housing CS - Zachariah Mwangi Njeru
13. Tourism CS - Peninah Malonza1.
14. Agriculture CS - Mithika Linturi
15. Health CS - Susan Wafula
16. Information CS - Eliud Owalo
17. Education CS - Ezekiel Machogu
18. Energy CS - Davis Chirchir
19. Sports CS - Ababu Namwamba
20. Cooperatives CS - Simon Chelugui
21. Mining, Blue Economy and Maritime Affairs CS - Salim Mvurya
22. Labour CS - Florence Boore.
23. Attorney General - Justin Mutiri
24. Secretary to the Cabinet - Mercy Wanjau
DCI Boss Kinoti resigned while IG Hillary Mutyambai has been sent on terminal leave.