• Otile Brown is the first Kenyan to have more than 1 million You Tube subscribers.
• Otile is currently single after breaking up with his Ethiopianbae Nabayet.
Otile Brown is one of the most successful musicians in Kenya and East Africa. The RnB star prides himself on garnering millions of followers on social media. On Instagram alone, the star has over two million followers.
Otile has made top music charts with songs like Alivyonipenda, Kistaarabu, Chaguo La Moyo featuring Sanaipei Tande, Aje Anione, Samantha, This Kind Of Love, Aiyana featuring Sanaipei Tande, In Love featuring Alikiba, Dusuma featuring Rwandese star Meddy, Watoto Na Pombe featuring Mejja among others.
This year, Otile became the first Kenyan singer to clock one million subscribers on Youtube. His hit song 'Woman' featuring Tanzanian superstar Harmonize hit one million views in just 48 hours after being released.
Below are 10 fun facts you did not know about Otile Brown
- Otile Brown's most successful album is 'Just In Love' released in 2020.
- He has a record label called 'Just In Love Music'.
- He signed singer Jovial before the split.
- He parted ways with Dr. Eddie-owned label 'Dreamland Music label' in March 2017.
- He released his debut album 'Best of Otile Brown' in 2017.
- Otile's real name is Jacob Obunga.
- He was born in Kisumu but raised in Miritini, Mombasa.
- Otile Brown was born on 21st March 1994.
- He is the last born in a family of four: He has one sister.
- He has two public relationships; With Vera Sidika and Nabayet.
Catch Otile Brown live on Saturday 30th July at Carnivore Grounds where he will be performing at the Stanbic Yetu Event.
He will be curtain-raising for Award-winning RnB star Anthony Hamilton. Other artists will be performing include June Gachui.
You can get your tickets at all Stanbic Branches and at www.tickesasa.com .