• Here is a list of Tiktokers you would not expect to find on the app but they are popular and are causing waves.
Kenyan Tiktokers gained their fame or infamy during the pandemic. A lot of people joined the app which has very addictive content.
Here is a list of Tiktokers you would not expect to find on the app but they are popular and are causing waves.
1. A dancing nun
Sister Salome Mwende Nthiwa is loved for her motivational speeches, prayers and dance moves. She hosts Tiktok lives every other day to give advice to Tiktokers who need spiritual guidance.
The Catholic nun has over 5k followers. She says she is doing what she loves and it is expressed in her various TikTok videos.
Her first TikTok video is of her dancing to a popular Catholic hymn with the caption, "Doing what I love the most."
Check out her TikTok below.
2. A medical lab technician with tough truths about your health
Dr Peter Ngunba who uses the Tiktok handle @peshphotographyke has a funny outlook on life. He always starts his Tiktoks with "Habari ya wagonjwa (Hello patients)"
He then goes ahead to drop morsels of advice on how to interact with hospital sauff or how to deal with your symptoms.
He also advises Tiktokers who have medical-related questions and later directs them to the hospital for further checkups.
Here is one funny Tiktok on how people should behave when they are asked for a stool sample.
3. Hide my identity
A single mother has taken Tiktok by storm where she has hidden her face and narrated her childhood story of growing up in an abusive household.
At the moment her story is in part 8.
Check her out and catch up as she spills the beans on family secrets.
4. A chicken farmer who holds HR meetings after feeding her poultry.
Tiktoker Rosie K who uses the handle @iamkinyanjui rears chicken and even asks her followers to call her "bird ghurl".
As a chicken farmer, she takes her job seriously and expects the same from the poultry under her charge. So after every feeding session, she holds HR meetings with her chicken on how to behave and treat each other.
Other times, the meetings are tense with matters of production raised and of course, they are berated for creating a toxic environment for each other. Rosie asks them to style up.
Here is one of the HR meetings she held with the chicken.
That said, Here is a list of other TikTokers who are doing remarkable work in this space.
1. Dr Claire Kinuthia who goes by ‘theycallmedaktari’ on TikTok. Kinuthia is an obstetrician and gynecologist who uses TikTok to share tips on reproduction, sexual health, wellness and fitness. She simplifies her tips in entertaining and engaging ways that bring the human element into the medical advice space.
2. Flirtycarlos, tileh_pacbro and dance_general are talented and energetic dancers who love to share their craft with fans from all over the world. These creators host dance classes from their accounts, creating a space where TikTok users can shed their insecurities, have fun and sharpen their dance skills to the tune of the world’s chart-topping hits.
3. Bobmuigai is carving a niche for himself in the legal industry, using TikTok to simplify complex and notoriously convoluted legal jargon through structured sessions, dubbed “interesting legal facts,” that touch on our legal matters concerning our day-to-day lives. Some of the topics that are discussed include marriage unions and wills.
4. Cookingwithnimoh is one of the creators who is offering her growing clientele of newbie and veteran cooks great recipes and food storage tips. Nimoh offers step-by-step recipe instructions to make it easy for fans to follow.
5. Mainadesalonist is one of Kenya’s most popular beauticians and hairstylists and has taken his work to TikTok. He showcases what he and his team does best – leveraging passion and talent to make their clients look good. The salon has been recreated on his account to attract more followers.
6. llewellyn_ouya and moneygossip have garnered a massive following after making a name for themselves in the business consulting and financial literacy space. Through their videos, they share all sorts of business-related tips and advice including how to start a business, why businesses thrive or fail and why more people are not launching businesses. Ouya also sells business plans to those seeking to open startup ventures on a budget.