• He is the current Member for Mumias East.
• He vied for Mumias East , MP seat in 2017 but lost.
Peter Salasya has been trending for days, thanks to his response during the Climate Summit, 2023.
He is a man loved and hated in equal measure.
But the truth is, he has achieved more than most people will achieve during their lifetime.
Below are things you did not know about him
- Real name is Peter Kelerwa Salasya
- Born in January 1989
- He is not married.Lost his dad while in Form 2
- Salasya is the second youngest of seven children.
- An Alumni of Lubinu High School, Kakamega County Holds a Bachelor of Commerce (Bcom) degree from Egerton University.
- His first job was hawking bikes in 2014.
- Worked as a teller at DTB (Diamond Trust Bank)Vied for Director of Academics as a freshman on campus.
- Volunteered as a tutor at the Sigalagala National Polytechnic.
- Used his 13,000 salary to campaign (would give during weddings and funerals)
- Emerged last after vying for Mumias East MP, in 2017. He is a former schoolmate and dorm mate with Dr. Ofweneke.
- Eugene Wamalwa paid Ksh.100,000 for Salasya to vie for the MP seat under the DAP-K party.
- He is a first-time politician.
- Had his first mud house built for him by the people of Mumias.
- Was dumped by his girlfriend after getting 254 votes in Mumias East MP seat elections