• Interesting things to know about Chef Maliha Mohammed.
Chef Maliha Mohammed is a Kenyan chef who is in the Guinness book of world record for cooking for 75hrs non stop in 2019.
She prepared 400 recipes of local and international cuisines in the competition.
After the attempt by Chef Hilda Baci of Nigeria, she has stated that she will be attempting to break that record in the month of August.
She has started her preparations for the competition already by setting a cookathon for the date of May 26th where she will cook for 45hrs.
Here are some of a few things we didn't know about our Kenyan chef.
- Chef Maliha is a 40 year old mother of two.
- She loved cooking from the age of eight beside her late mother and father and grandmother during the holidays.
- She was born and raised in Mombasa’s Old Town although her father is from Uganda and her Mother from Tanzania.
- Maliha gained her experience from serving as a cook in the palace of Saudi Arabian Prince Khalid Bin Mishail Al Saudh of Riyadh in 2009 to 2010.
- In 2014, she competed in the Royco Fuata Fleva contest and became a semi-finalist.
- Maliha is a self taught cook who uses her knowledge to teach newly wedded women,housemaids and girls how to prepare Swahili dishes as it is a cuisine she loves very much.
- She first participated in a cookathon at Technical University Of Kenya and cooked for 36hrs nonstop on a weekend in May 2019.
- Maliha was able to prepare 100 meals in this quest.
- She is a culinary arts chef at Gourmet academy 254 where she teaches culinary arts .
- Maliha has been awarded by the Kenya Association of Women in Tourism (KAWT) in 2021 the the Woman of Excellence in Tourism.
- Chef Maliha attempted again to break the world record in July 2019 by trying out 200 recipes in 54 hours.
She has proven to be quite resilient in following her dreams and nothing can stop her from attaining to be somebody and make a big name for herself.