The story of Kenyan rugby player Daniel Adongo has left many wondering when the rain started beating him as he is now a shell of his former self.
His career once looked so promising but it now looks dim as he is going through struggles no one should go through.
He was playing for Indianapolis Colts before he was in September 2015 waived off.
He was waived again on 17 December 2015 after law enforcement personnel received at least two reports of possible domestic violence between Adongo and an unidentified female.
Contrary to what many might believe, Odongo is not just the guy next door.
The 30 year old is a university graduate.
He has in the past played for
- Strathmore School.
- Kenya Harlequins junior team.
- Safari Sevens tournament.
- The Sharks academy. He progressed from Under–19 level in 2008 to Under–21 level in 2010.
- At the end of 2011, he was signed by the Blue Bulls.
- In 2012 he joined New Zealand ITM Cup team Counties Manukau.
- He also played for UP Tuks in the 2012 Varsity Cup, playing in three matches.
- Internationally, he played for the Kenyan Under–18 and Under–21 national teams.
- In 2013 he was signed by NFL’s Indianapolis Colts, he is now a free agent (not signed under any club).