• The list is from a Kamba family to the groom's side of the family.
• Kenyans have reacted to the list that has 2 different sets of demands.
The traditional dowry demands made by a Kamba family for their daughter have generated buzz online.
According to a list seen by Mpasho, the dowry ceremony payment plan is in two parts. The first is an initiation ceremony demand that includes:
1. 5 goats with one to be slaughtered and the rest to remain.
2. Beer 2 crates
3. Traditional beer 20 litres
4. Four blankets and 4 sheets standard size
5. soda 3 crates
The next set of dowry demands is categorized as the dowry payment. They are below;
1. 84 goats
2. 12 cows
3. 13 water tanks of 10,000 lites
4. Beer 8 crates
5. Traditional beer 10 jerrycans of 2 liters
6. Unripe bananas 4 chunks
7. Honey 2 debes or sugar 100kg
8. Sugar cane -12 sets @12 pieces
9. Nthungi - 14 bags of maize and 2 bags of beans of 90kg
10. Mukwa 300,000
11. Fimbo ya mzee - 100,000
12. Kamti ya mzee - 50,000
13. Nduaa itaa - 50,000
Kenyans are complaining that relatives of the wife make people angry because it appears they are taking financial advantage of a wedding to benefit from this relationship.
Do you think these demands are outrageous? Drop us your comments below.
Here are reactions to the list of demands;
supreme_mike_keVery cheap ... me nitalipa na ni add bonus
_callme_steveBoys amekuja kutoa familia ya wenyewe ufukara
kiroket_roseThis must be amberays hand writing
its.kunguJuu anakuja na mabawa???
i_warekhwaThey literally added everything her dad failed to do in his lifetime and left it for da boy 😂😂😂
igweclinton01How can someone pay for all this while the wife still disrespecting, misbehaving, and challenging me in the house? Traditionalists have to look into this because it’s too much.