Days after the burian of slain American-Somali businessman Bashir Mohamud at the his widow Suala Bashir has spoken out.

Basir was reported missing on May 13, he was last seen at Mialle 72 Lounge in Lavington before his naked body was found floating naked on the River Nyamindi.

He had been in the company of yet-to-be-disclosed persons at 5pm before his car, a Range Rover with registration number KCQ 007P, was captured by CCTV cameras leaving the premises an hour later.

Four days later, his body was discovered by residents. His body had deep cuts in the face and blood was oozing from his nose and mouth.

The Range Rover’s burnt shell was spotted at Kibiku in Ngong. The shell mysteriously disappeared later.

The government pathologist Johansen Oduor found out that he was strangled to death after being hit by a blunt object on the head.

Also, his body had multiple burn wounds that seemed to have been inflicted using a car lighter. The assailants tortured Bashir from his head up to his toes.

Rashid Ali, the father in law to the Somalian businessman spoke to the Standard's Kamore Maina. He said that they will never forgive anyone who was involved in the murder of the young businessman.

Asked how the widow who just had a child is faring, Ali explained that she breakdown and cries whenever she sees his case being mentioned on the television. He added that sometimes, she sobs uncontrollably, she is unable to stop.

The widow, Suala Bashir did not want to speak to the media but she managed to say,

"I leave it to God!"

Meanwhile, the family of the young businessman wants the office of the Director of Public Prosecutions to order a public inquest into his murder.

Lawyer Charles Madowo wrote to DPP Noordin Haji narrating developments on the saga surrounding his client’s death, saying the family does not want to cast aspersions or speculate on his death.

“Your office must sanction an independent fact-finding process to run concurrently,” he said.

He said his clients reiterate that justice can only be served if Bashir’s killers are arrested, charged in a court of law, convicted and sentenced accordingly.

“This can only be achieved if the investigations surrounding the circumstances of his murder are done with diligence, expediency, strict supervision and oversight that only your office can offer,” Madowo in the letter dated May 25 said.

He asked why it took police six days to call the family to identify the body of Bashir positively, opted to get fingerprints of his body without his family and why they called the family while they had identified him.

It has emerged Bashir, 36, ran a multimillion-shilling business empire and now cops are focusing on his riches, sources and those he shared with.

He ran Infinity Development Construction Company based in Nairobi.

According to the operations manager Leonard Makokha, Bashir who was a stickler for procedure practised an open door policy.

“He followed rules and procedures to the end,” Makokha said.

Bashir was the main contractor of the Uhuru Market Complex in Kisumu County.

The Sh700 million contract is complete and ready for commissioning by President Uhuru Kenyatta next week.

He was also behind the construction of Eldoret town informal settlement worth Sh743 million in 2018.

In 2018 Bashir also won a United Nations tender for the construction of the S.O.S children’s village in Mogadishu, Somalia, valued at about Sh200 million ($1.8 million).

Last year, the company was contracted by the United Nations to undertake the construction of the Mogadishu Prisons Complex in Somalia valued at Sh130 million ($1.2 million).

In a tender that was contested and settled at the Public Procurement and Administration Board, Bashir was awarded civil and other associated works for the modern housing project at Mukuru in Nairobi by the Ministry of Transport.