• The Ugandan musician was recently nominated for a Grammy Award.
• Kenzo also lost his brother a few weeks ago.
Ugandan singer Eddy Kenzo is reported to have been banned from performing at events within Kampala. This is after an event organizer Luba Events accused the singer of breaching a contract.
The event organizer took Kenzo to court after they came into an agreement that Luba would organize his recently finished show 'Eddy Kenzo Festival'
The event organizer said he used millions of money to organize for his 2020 show which was a no-show due to Covid 19.
Luba accused Eddy Kenzo of using another organizer in this year's show after an agreement.
According to 'Mbu Uganda' the court has halted all Eddy Kenzo bookings in Uganda.
“This matter coming up for final disposal this 9th day of November 2022, before HER WORSHIP NAKITENDE JULIET in presence of Counsel for the Applicant and the absence of both the Applicant and the Respondent.
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED AS FOLLOWS;
- An interim order is issued restraining the Respondent, his agents, workmen, assignees, managers, promoters, and anyone claiming under him from purporting to perform the Eddy Kenzo Festival or any musical shows/events/festival anywhere in the Republic of Uganda
- until the determination of a substantive Application for a Temporary Injection vide Miscellaneous Application No. 1572 of 2022.
- The Application abides by the outcome of the main cause,” the Order reads.