Over the years there have been great reality shows… ‘America’s Got Talent, Next top model, Big Brother…..”
Nairobians deserve a new reality show in the form of ‘Nairobi’s Next Deputy Governor’ and there are a few ideas for the show here. These are some of the competitions that we suggest that contestants should go through
- How to collect garbage. Garbage has been a problem in the city for the last few years.
- Walking through Luthuli avenue with 50,000 shillings cash in your hand late at night
- ‘Spot the chokoraa’ competition
- ‘Can you really obey the traffic lights?’ competition
- Navigate through traffic when you are 15 minutes late to work
- Panda matatu at 5 in the morning with a 1,000/= shilling note
- Take a daily shower in an apartment that has no borehole. (You are not allowed to buy water)
- “What street lights are working?”
- “Run from the Kanjo” race
- Dodge the hawkers agility test
- Pay the suppliers/employees accounting and math competition
All these competitions will ensure that potential deputy governors will have a real perspective on Nairobi’s challenges. Plus it will be great entertainment. At least we will get to finally watch local TV outside news.