Kenyans On Twitter (KOT) are a savage lot. They pick on anyone without regard to their stature or political affiliations. Simply put, no one is untouchable.
Nairobi Senator Mike Sonko has fallen victim to their savagery a number of times and found himself on the receiving end more times than we can count.
When they are not engaging in a heated exchange with the flamboyant Senator, they are probably Photoshopping his photos – a skill they have perfected through the years.
But we can’t claim KOT are responsible for all his Photoshopped images. Apparently, some of the photos are edited by Sonko himself and he has landed in trouble because of this.
Case in point is when Nelson Mandela died in December 2013. He was caught red-handed after altering a photo the former South African President had taken with Muhammad Ali and making it look like it was him in the photo.
Just recently, Sonko shared a poorly edited photo showing him military gear welcoming King Abdullah of Jordan. This, sources say, landed him in trouble with the Kenyan army.
After seeing many of these Photoshopped photos on social media, I decided to make a list using some of the most hilarious ones we have ever seen. Here you go:
1. Apparently, Sonko joined Lupita Nyong’o for the Golden Globes Award red carpet.
2. He was there for the Oscar Awards too. Or was he?
3. Kobi Kihara and Sheila Mwanyigha have also had the pleasure of enjoying his company.
4. Sonko in military regalia. He looks good. No?
5. Sonko with POTUS and FLOTUS at White House.
6. Sonko in the arms of Nelson Mandela.
7. Why were Jay – Z and Beyonce giving him that look?
8. Sonko welcoming President Uhuru?
9. Ballon d’OR tings with Christiano Ronaldo.
10. Sonko with Mary and baby Jesus.