The late Daniel Arap Moi will be buried on Wednesday next week. He passed away on Tuesday 4/02/2020 after months of illness, leaving the country in mourning.
Well there are unique things that will happen during his burial, given that he was an elder and a former head of State.
- His body will lie at parliament for 3 days
February 8 (Saturday) – 10 (Monday): Moi’s body shall lie in parliament. This is because it is
PART OF THE STATE BURIAL ARRANGEMENT TO HONOUR THE PRESIDENT.
2. Daniel Moi will be buried with his head facing the sunrise
According to strict Kalenjin custom, the venerable former President should have been buried at night, so he would ‘awaken’ to the sun.
“That means Moi should be buried in the afternoon before sunset. He can’t be buried during the sunrise or the sunset. However, he will be buried in the afternoon,”
3. On the right side of the front part of Moi’s Kabarak home
4.The grave will be dug by the military
5. During the burial, the head will have to face the direction from where the sun rises at the home.
6. Condolence books would be delivered to Moi’s family on the burial day.
7. A 19-gun salute is expected.