Nairobi Governor Evans Kidero has once again failed to fulfill his promise to Nairobians. After promising to officially unveil  southern by-pass today so that it can help in easing and decongesting Mombasa road and the City, Kidero failed to do it.

The city boss says the Southern by-pass will remain closed until tomorrow pending the completion of the 4km stretch. The road was to be opened yesterday to ease traffic on Mombasa road. Kidero also said trucks weighing over 8 tonnes will not use Uhuru highway between 5am to 10pm, but will use the bypass once it’s opened.

“Last Saturday when I visited the Southern by pass; I promised Nairobians that I would be back today to officially unveil the road so that it can contribute towards easing and decongesting Mombasa road and the City.

It is unfortunate that due to bad weather and rains experienced in the City in the last couple of days we are unable to open the Southern by pass today. So far the road is 80% done and will be motorable by this Sunday.

Today together with the traffic commandant Nairobi County all trucks over 8 tons will now be diverted to the Southern by pass from this Sunday. The trucks will also not be allowed on the A104 highway and any driver going against this directive will be arrested and charged. This decision will go along way in decongesting the City.

Tomorrow my team and I will meet with the heavy commercial vehicles owners at City Hall. The agenda will be to discuss and agree on the new diversion routes. The next focus of road expansion will now move to Ngong road.

Together let’s work together to move Nairobi forward.#‎BetterCityBetterLife‬,” he posted on social media alongside photos.

Here are the photos

MPASHO TV