Celebrated Ohangala artiste Lady Maureen will today be laid to rest after she succumbed to illness last week, to the shock of many.
Although her music was well known by her fans, how much did they know about her? Here is what you need to know?
- Her real name was Maureen Achieng. Lady Maureen was just her stage name.
2. At the time of her death she was aged 36. She was born on November 22, 1984 at Seme Kombewa village.
3. Her family lives in Kopanga village along border of Kenya and Tanzania, in Suna West constituency
4. She had been ailing for three years and bedridden for 1 year.
5. The Wangni Wabiro hitmaker has left behind four children, not much is known about her baby daddy.
The mother of four was taken ill in 2008 and admitted at the St Francis Community Hospital in Kasarani.
6. She has in the past been ‘killed’ twice by Netizens.
In the recent death it was a lady with a similar name who had died.
In January rumours around social media indicated that she was dead but they were immediately rubbished.
She responded indicating that she was alive, undergoing treatment and ideally called on rumour mongers to stop spreading fake news.
“I AM NOT DEAD. I WAS RUSHED HERE BY MY FAMILY MEMBERS WHEN MY CONDITION WORSENED. I AM CURRENTLY BEING TRANSFUSED WITH BLOOD. IT HAS NEVER BEEN MADE CLEAR WHAT I AM SUFFERING FROM BUT MY CONDITION HAS WORSENED IN RECENT DAYS,” SHE SAID.
May she rest in peace.