Former Meru governor Peter Munya was yesterday appointed as the new cabinet secretary for agriculture replacing Mwangi Kiunjuri.
Munya has been in the politics for long but what most do not know is that unlike some politicians who cook books and buy certificates Munya is learned.
Below are things to know about him.
- Munya was the first Governor of Meru County and as the second Chairman of the Council of Governors.
- He also served as the 2nd Member of Parliament for Tigania East Constituency.
- Munya was the Party of National Unity (PNU) Leader before his appointment as the CS .
4.He sat for and passed his ‘O’ Levels at Chogoria Boys High School, and proceeded to Meru School for his ‘A’ levels.
5. He is a law graduate from the University of Nairobi.
6.He studied at the University of Brussels, Belgium, on a Belgian Embassy scholarship where he undertook and attained a master’s degree in International Law (International Economic Integration Law).
7. He proceeded to the University of Georgia where he attained a second master’s degree in Law (Public International Law).
8. He has worked as a Law lecturer at the Kenya School of Professional Studies (KSPS) and Kenya School of Monetary Studies (KSMS).
9.He has now been appointed as the cabinet secretary for agriculture,replacing Mwangi Kiunjuri.
Wacha tuone kama atafanya kazi.