Sam West held the second edition of his comedy show this past week. The show which is dunned the Sam West Show was very successful with a large crowd turning up to the Hero radio CEO’s show.
The show had many performers with the crowd left in stitches. The show which was held at the Panari Hotel Ballroom was an elegant affair comparable to Churchill’s show.
The show featured these performers:
JB MasandukuAcrobats – Dialog
Notable personalities who said to be in the audience were:
Refigah of Grandpa Records
Boss from MOG
The question I have is whether Sam can make his show as big as Churchill Show, the premier comedy show in the country?
I have compiled a relatively simple list to see whether the comedian can become a tour de’ force in the industry?
- His all-English comedy that can compete in the African market as it is free of stereotypes and mother-tongue influence caricatures.
- His assortment of accomplished comics who bring a lot to the table.
- His relatively young audience that can grow with him.
- His comedy is all-English. This will alienate some of Kenyans who love vernacular comedy.
- He is not as well-known as Churchill was when he started the show.
- The show not being broadcast on a popular television station at the moment.
All these things he can improve on. Rome wasn’t built in a day. Even its destruction happened centuries of mismanagement due to poor leadership.
What do you think? Can he transcend the heights of comedy and become a household name? Time will indeed tell.
Check out more photos from the show below: