So today we woke up to some news that Governor Mike Sonko cannot take it anymore and he desperately needs help.
Last night, Mike Sonko said he wants Miguna Miguna to be his Deputy Governor. This shocked everyone of course considering the fact they have a very public history of bad blood between them. Well, he retweeted a comment on twitter saying:
“Populist politics. That’s what Mike Sonko just pulled in displaying Miguna Miguna ‘appointment letter’ as his new DG choice. How do you scout, publicize someone whom you’ve not consulted and s/he agrees to your offer? But the drafter of that letter though!”
This raised questions about whether he will take up the job. Well, mpasho.co.ke came up with a list of reasons why Miguna might not take up the job as Nairobi Deputy Governor.
- Miguna Miguna declared he is the head of NRM (National Resistance Movement), and the movement held a rally against electoral theft at Jacaranda Gardens claiming Sonko and his team poured raw sewage at the venue grounds to prevent the rally from happening.
2. Miguna MIguna has been granted dual citizenship but he is also a Canadian citizen and according to the constitution, one can not be Deputy Governor if you hold dual citizenship
78. (2) A state officer or a member of the defense forces shall not hold dual citizenship
3. While campaigning against Sonko, he accused both he and his predecessor Kidero of forming and maintaining cartels. If he accepts the offer, how will they manage to work together?
4. They were opponents for the Nairobi Gubernatorial seat raising the question of whether Miguna would be willing to work with his rival for Nairobians.
Ati what! Kenyans react incredulously to rumored Sonko Miguna partnership
For now all we can do is to wait and see.