Power banks are owned by almost everyone these days main reason being smartphones have bad batteries. Okay, most of them do.

I’m sure most of you have never thought of the risk you are putting yourselves in by owning one? These devices that come in handy at times can also be very dangerous.

Read: Fire Destroys Property Worth Millions in Kahawa Wendani (PHOTOS)

A posh home in Kileleshwa was razed down on Wednesday morning after a power bank that was being charged exploded.

Reports indicate that the owner’s son had left the device charging before retiring to bed. It exploded and set fire to the curtains, reducing the top floor of the house to ashes.

People living in the surrounding houses had to be evacuated although none of them caught fire.

Read: Fire Scare at KICC Leaves Nairobians Panicked (Photos)

A guard at a nearby house told journalists that the neighbors feared for the worst and went to spend the night elsewhere.

The owner of the burnt house who goes by the name of Nurdiw Hajji refused to comment on the matter.

Check out the photos below.

Also Read: ARUDI KWAO! Vanessa Chettle’s Sister ASSAULTED By Her Nigerian Baby Daddy

MPASHO TV