• In the list, close allies of the president prominently feature as well as those who backed his opponent Raila Odinga in the August 2022 general election, but have since sworn allegiance to Ruto.
On Monday evening, the Public Service Commission released a list of 224 individuals who have been shortlisted for appointment as Chief Administrative Secretaries.
The appointments will be made by President William Ruto, after the PSC interviews. The interviews will begin on March 1.
In the list, close allies of the president prominently feature, as well as those who backed his opponent Raila Odinga in the August 2022 general election but have since sworn allegiance to Ruto.
Here is the list;
- Former Wajir deputy governor Ahmed Ali Muktar.
- Former Kisauni MP Ali Menza Mbogo.
- Former Lamu senator Anuar Loitiptip.
- Nairobi senate aspirant Bishop Margaret Wanjiru
- Former Kitui Central MP aspirant Boniface Mutisya Musambi
- Former Laikipia woman representative Catherine Wanjiku Waruguru.
- Former Kiminini MP Chris Wamalwa. Lost the Trans Nzoia governor race to George Natembeya.
- Former Kakamega governor aspirant Cleophas Wakhungu Malalah
- Former nominated MP Dennitah Ghati (PWD).
- Siaya gubernatorial aspirant Nicholas Gumbo
- Homa Bay gubernatorial aspirant Evans Odhiambo Kidero
- Kisii senate aspirant Joash Arthur Maangi Gongera. He is the former deputy governor.
- Former Tana River governor John Mtuta Mruttu
- Khatib Abdallah Mwashetani
- Former Kibra MP aspirant Macdonald Mariga Wanyama
- Former Nairobi Woman representative aspirant Millicent Nyaboke Omanga
- Former Matuga MP aspirant Mwanaisha N. Chidzuga
- Former Kirinyaga governor aspirant Purity Wangui Ngirici. She also served as Woman representative from 2017 to 2022.
- Former Moyale MP Roba Duba Sharamo
- Former Narok governor Samuel Kuntai Tunai. He vied for senator but lost to incumbent Ledama Olekina.
- Former Kitui senate aspirant Stephen Mutua Kilonzo
- Former West Mugurango MP, Vincent Kemosi Mogaka.
- Former Cherangany MP Wesley Kipchumba Korir