• Johnson Arthur Sakaja is the newly elected Nairobi Governor.
• He was contesting against Polycarp Igathe.
Johnson Sakaja is a man loved by many thanks to his good looks and his mastery of the Queen’s language.
Sakaja is loved by many for his friendly nature and his versatility. The big question is who is Sakaja?
Below are things you did not know about the charming politician.
1. Sakaja was born in 1985 which makes him 37 years old in 2022.
2. He is the last born among three siblings.
3. Attended Agha Khan Primary and later Lenana School for his secondary education.
4. His mum Emily Ayoti Kubasu Sakaja died while he was aged 9.
5. Sakaja is married and has two sons and a daughter.
6. He is the Governor for Nairobi County.
7. He came into power during the 2017 general election.
9. He has worked as a cyber cafe attendant.
10. Sakaja set up a Financial Consultancy firm, Arthur Johnson Consultants during his fourth year on Campus. The company is still up and running to date.
11. He is a former leader for SONU (Student Organization of Nairobi University)
12. At age 27 he became the Chairman of The National Alliance Party (TNA).
Sakaja who was vying on a United Democratic Alliance (UDA) party ticket defeated his main rival Polycarp Igathe of the Jubilee party who got 573,518 votes declared Nairobi County Returning Officer, Albert Gogo, who later the certificate.
The governor’s race had attracted nine candidates, however, it was narrowed down to a two-horse race between Sakaja and Igathe.
Sakaja will now succeed Ann Kananu to become Nairobi's fourth governor.