•Kenyans have condemned the Visa issuance process
•Here are things to know about Embassy visa issuance
Africa's fastest man Ferdinand Omanyala is doubtful about whether he will compete at this week's World Championships in the United States because the Kenyan sprinter is facing visa issues, his spokesperson said Wednesday, July 13.
The Kenyan sprinter has been included in the entry list for the 100m event at the World Championships, which begins in Eugene, Oregon on Friday.
Omanyala on his Twitter expressed frustration as well.
His troubles elicited mixed reactions online.
Another Kenyan also detailed his terrible experience looking for a visit visa to Europe. Stacey Nyandiko on Twitter wrote, "My hunt for a Belgium visa So I have just been told that touring and @tomorrowland is not enough reason to travel. That as a black person I need more reasons to travel to Belgium or to any country in Europe. @BelgiuminKenya."
Check out her tweet below.
My hunt for a Belgium visa 😰😰— Stacey_ (@nyandiko_) July 13, 2022
So I have just been told that touring and @tomorrowland is not enough reason to travel. That as a black person I need more reasons to travel to Belgium or to any country in Europe. @BelgiuminKenya
Many non-U.S. citizens need a visa to enter the United States to visit, work, and live.
Here are reasons why you can be denied a visa to America
A resource from the US Embassy website says
1. You probably need to produce more documents
2. The buck stops with the Embassy
3. You may need better reasons for travel and not just leisure
4. You may be an immigration risk because of your employment/unemployment sttus.
5. You don't have strong family ties to bring you back to Kenya after travelling
6. The documents you presented could be questionable to the Embassy
7. There are immigration quotas that perhaps have been reached: Because of these limited appointments, only urgent matters will be expedited eg medical care.
8. All applicants should expect delays in most stages of visa processing. Since covid, the processing has led to a backlog.
9. Ineffective communication:
Perhaps there are language barriers that prevent you from effective communication your travel needs because of misinterpretation.
10. Giving too much information:
Too little or too much information on your part can lead to the rejection of your visa application. This can actually lead to more questions or raise red flags and suspicions that would have otherwise not arisen.
11. Applying for the wrong visa:
Double-check that you are indeed applying for the proper visa. Make certain that you can fulfil the requirements and meet the conditions for that particular visa.
12. Being unprepared:
Do your due diligence to ensure you prepare for the visa issuance process. Data on the visa process and interviews are widely available on the internet. Government sites are also reliable resources that contain information to assist you every step of the way.
Check out the latest news here and you are welcome to join our super exclusive Mpasho Telegram group for all the latest and breaking news in entertainment. We would also like to hear from you, WhatsApp us on +254 736 944935.