• His death was officially announced by President Uhuru Kenyatta at State House.
The death of ex-President Mwai Kibaki was of 22,04,2022 by President Uhuru Kenyatta.
Like any head of state below are the four rules that must be observed from now until, Baba Jimmy as he was fondly known is laid to rest.
1. The nation will observe a period of national mourning from today until the day of his funeral.
2. That the Late Mwai Kibaki shall be accorded a state funeral, with all appropriate civilian and full military honours being rendered and observed.
3. That as an expression of public sorrow, the flag of the Republic of Kenya shall be flown at half-mast at State House, state lodges, all public buildings and public grounds, all military bases, posts and stations, on all Naval vessels of the Republic of Kenya, and however elsewhere throughout the Republic of Kenya; from dawn on 22nd April 2022 until sunset on the day of the Burial.
4. That our national flag shall be flown at half-mast for the same length of time at all high commissions, embassies, consulates, diplomatic offices and other facilities of the Republic of Kenya abroad.
Mwai Kibaki served as the third Kenyan President.
He was loved by many for his witty and sense of humour when tackling issue.
Mwai Kibaki, who served as Kenya's third president from 2003 to 2013, has died aged 90, President Uhuru Kenyatta said on Friday. https://t.co/dkemqhZcRp pic.twitter.com/f70mBFpJtP— Reuters Africa (@ReutersAfrica) April 22, 2022
Below are some of the reactions from Kenyans regarding his demise
Bella Clare: We've lost a legend, a hero and the best president Kenya ever had. Rest in peace you shall truly be missed.
Jeremiah Muigai:Was a great president His work will remain for long rest in peace Emillio.
Jackie Monic: Our beloved country shall forever celebrate your great leadership and economic empowerment.
You were an example of how a President of Kenya should work to empower the citizens. You selflessly brought hope to a hopeless Nation. Rest in power Hon mwai kibaki.
Memo Chesilo: One in a million humble guy, we shall miss him alot. So sad condolences to us all Kenyans.
Samuel Ngumo Wachu: Rest in peace,the best president Kenya has ever had....You wrote your name in our hearts thus you will always shine in the entire country.
What will you remember Mwai Kibaki for?
Check out the latest news here and you are welcome to join our super exclusive Mpasho Telegram group for all the latest and breaking news in entertainment. We would also like to hear from you, WhatsApp us on +254 736 944935.