Financially speaking, 2016 was a good year for most local celebrities or at least that’s what I believe.
Why, you ask? During the year most celebs, as they are commonly referred to, pulled some moves to show their financial muscle, leaving many of us completely baffled.
Today, our sole focus will be on those who acquired fancy cars during the year and became the talk of the town.
Here they are:
1. Donald Kipkorir – the popular city lawyer bought a Range Rover Sport HSE 2016 model said to be worth Sh24 million.
2. Ronald Karauri – the SportPesa CEO’s Mercedes Maybach S600 estimated to be worth Sh40 million brought business to a standstill as it made its way through the city.
3. Akothee – sometime in October, the musician flaunted an expensive German car while on a visit to Switzerland.
4. Darshan Chandaria – the CEO of Chandaria group owns an ML 63 AMG Mercedes Benz, which set him back a cool 18 million shillings.
5. Larry Madowo – the news anchor who doubles up as the host of the Trend also owns a Mercedes Benz ML Series.
6. Shaffie Weru – the Raverend as he is popularly known acquired a Land Rover Discovery 4 worth Sh5 million.
7. Eunice Wambui – the actress who is known as Nyasuguta in the drama Vitimbi owns a sleek Range Rover.
8. KRG The Don – the musician bought his wife a Jeep Wrangler Sahara on her birthday, the car is estimated to be worth millions of shillings.
9. Faith Makau – the city socialite who is popularly known as Amber Ray flaunted her new 2016 Land Cruiser VX on her Instagram page a few days ago.
10. DJ Joe Mfalme – the mix master whose real name is Joe Mwenda Monuru dumped his Subaru Legacy for a Toyota Prado.
There you have it!