Barely a month after losing more than 9 students in the Moi girls fire, a student from Lenana High school has passed on.
‘I Don’t Want Costs Covered, I Want My Daughter,’ Cries Natalie’s Mother As She Shares The Only Letter She Wrote To Her
Amos Mumo Mutie, who was a form three student at the prestigious Lenana school, succumbed to chicken pox on Saturday evening. The 18-year-old was being admitted at the school’s sick bay.
The family is demanding an investigation into the matter and according to the deceased’s uncle Peter Musyoka, the school had assured them that his nephew’s condition was stable after his mother asked the school to let her treat her son.
“His mother called Saturday at 1 pm and was told his condition had improved. She requested to talk to him but was told it was impossible to do so,” said Mr Musyoka
Mumo was later taken to PCEA Kikuyu Mission Hospital, and according to a doctor’s report, “he had already died by the time he was brought to the hospital’.
“We have the doctor’s report but we are still waiting for the school’s report on what exactly happened as the hospital gave us a report indicating that our boy had died before getting to the hospital. The doctor told us our son was brought in at 5pm and when he certified that he was dead he told the [school’s] administration to make a police report. We have an OB number from Kikuyu police station to that effect,” added Mr Musyoka.
A friend to the deceased also revealed that his health had deteriorated and he could hardly eat solid foods a day before he passed away.
“At some point, he could no longer talk to us so when we visited he just gave me his log book and pointed at his uncle’s number, I notified the nurse and the house master that his condition was worsening,’ he said.
The story has ignited mixed reactions among Kenyans.
Source: Nairobi News