Media personality Phelix Odiwour popularly known as Jalang’o has finally addressed rumors that he left Hot 96 after he was insulted by former co-host Jeff Koinange.
In a video that recently surfaced and has gone viral, Jalang’o and Jeff were having a conversation on the arson cases in most of the local school and the multitalented comedian said that when he was in school there was no day they ever thought of burning their school because they feared exams.
Jeff then blurted out that Jalang’o is stupid.
BECAUSE YOU’RE STUPID!
That statement caught Jalang’o off guard and he did not like it at all! He got so mad and called out Jeff especially after he sneered at him.
NO, DON’T USE THAT WORD ON ME AGAIN! THIS IS THE LAST TIME AND DON’T CLICK! JEFF!
Well, many concluded that why Jalang’o opted to leave the Maalim Juma road based media house was because of the argument but he has come out to clear the air.
“I have received so many calls asking me why I left Hot 96 and why I parted ways with Jeff when the show was such an amazing gig and everything was just perfect. Now here NOT why I left! There is this story doing rounds that Jeff abused me or called me stupid and blogs have picked it and making everyone believe that it’s the reason why I left!” he wrote in part.
NO JEFF DID NOT CALL ME STUPID! What the blogs have done is pick a Part of our conversation and edited it to feed this lie! Jeff and I had and still do have the best relationship ever! Jeff actually knew that I was leaving and wished me well…I have since called Jeff and we had the best conversation and the show must and will go on without me Hot 96 is a big brand. So let no one lie to you that Jeff abused me…he would never do that because of the respect we have for each other. @koinangeJeff again I thank you for the giving me a chance to work with you each and everyday was a movie…our paths will cross again! Much love Bro.
There you have it!
In a past post, Jalang’o showered Jeff Koinange with praises and thanked him for being the best co-worker. In a lengthy message he wrote:
“My brother…My Mentor…My Friend and my partner…I haven’t even called you to say bye because I don’t know what to tell..I guess my voice will shake all through and maybe I’d want to lie and maybe tell you I’ll be back..It’s your time to shine on! Hold the fort! You’ve always done it so it shouldn’t be different!
Thank you for everything Jeff
1. Making me believe in myself again that I can fit in any place even when people dint believe in me you made me shine among the elite!
2. No single day did you ever look down on me even when you knew that our lives were far apart and so different but you held my hands and we created something beautiful #JeffAndJalasOnHot96
3. Each day I learnt something new from you and that gave me the reason to want to wake up each day…your experience in the industry is something I needed and you made working with you a vacation each day!
4. When we started they all were asking “Jeff and JALAS how? And I remember you telling me watch this space! See what it became…A monster show!
5. Keep being the amazing guy you are..I hope you learn to dance kwangwaru soon enough…Friday Swahili interviews…Rooftop things.. and smoke the show up because it will always Go on! The show must go on..SMOOOOOOOOOOKING!
See you at my graduation!
Local media houses have been poaching the best of the best personalities and Citizen TV and Nation TV are not playing. They’ve spent millions on their newly poached presenters.