The list of employees who have been sent home by Nation Media Group (NMG) has surfaced online.
In a memo dated December 20, 2016, the company announced that it would re-organize its operations across the group – a move which would result in the reduction of its workforce.
The media house stated that it would undertake the exercise while adhering to the law and with due respect to their employees.
After many weeks of endless speculation, NMG has finally made public the list of employees who have been sent packing.
Unconfirmed reports indicate that 16 people have been sacked as the the company which was formed by Aga Khan IV transforms into a twenty first century digital content company.
Among those who were affected include Ken Walibora who until his sacking held the title of Quality Manager, Kiswahili and renowned journalist Liz Gitonga.
Here’s the full list:
- Ken Walibora Waliaula – Quality Manager, Kiswahili
- Eric Shimoli – News Editor
- Sammy Wambua – Editor, Counties
- Mary Wasike – Editor, Oped
- Pamela Wanambisi – Subeditor Sports,
- Felista Wangari – Sub-editor Saturday Magazine,
- Esther Karuru – Sub-editor Sunday Nation,
- Victor Siele – (Sub-editor, Taifa Leo)
- Zadock Angira – Crime Reporter
- Waga Odongo – Writer
- Farayi Nyandoro – Sub-editor
- Domitila Katila – Editorial
- Connie Mwangemi – Advertising
- Pamela Abwoga – Advertising
- Liz Gitonga – Editorial