Nairobi Governor Mike Sonko and Suba MP Millie Odhiambo are at war. The two veteran politicians have exchanged bitter words online.
It all started by Sonko calling on any woman who has a child with a politician who doesn’t take care of his obligations, to come out. He even shared his number for the mothers to expose the deadbeat fathers.
While responding to Sonko, Isaac Mwaura tweeted,
Sonko Mike, that was so low of you, just to get Bonga points. It’s good to respect families. I wonder how many children you have out there yourself.
This didn’t go down well with the Governor and he savagely responded back at Mwaura and Millie.
Wewe Hon. Isaac Mwaura and Millie Mabona Odhiambo pelekeni ushenzi na kizungu mingi mbali ati nilikuwa nataka bonga points. NONSENSE. If by speaking the truth is what you are calling bonga points then let it be. For your information hii tabia ya leaders (MCAs, Mps, Senators, Governors etc.) tuko nayo yakukulana nje ya marriage alafu mukieka wanawake Mimba munawaruka tutaimaliza hapa Kenya. We must speak for the majority voiceless women (wanjikus) in this country including orphans, widows, divorcees, singlemothers and all the so called slay queens,’ Sonko posted.
Millie Odhiambo hit back at Sonko’s demeaning remarks, accusing him of being a bully. She lectured the controversial governor or her ‘role’ to protect all children whether born in or out of wedlock.
In a lengthy message, she wrote,
My good friend and young brother Sonko, let me tell you something, I am a lawyer- an intellectual if you may, who is also happily a pig while in politics. I am NEVER intimidated by bullies like you who thrive on populism devoid of intellect that often slut-shames women. My response to you will be both intellectual and pigerly. You can hire a lawyer to translate for you the intellectual bit. The pigerly bit of course needs no translation coz it’s your expertise.
1) Unlike you, I do not just yap at funerals. I pass laws that protect all children including children who are like Ken Okoth’s son. Go to the Hansard. You will find that I, Wakili Millie Odhiambo, pushed for Article 53 of the Constitution that protects Ken Okoth’s son. Once the DNA confirms that he is Ken Okoth’s son, he will be entitled under the succession law, to inherit from Ken’s estate. He is protected. He is covered.
2) In Law, a funeral or funeral service is not an instrument that confers legal rights. It might confer pigerly rights to drama and populism and nothing beyond that. Proper rights to inheritance are contained in Acts of Parliament or by courts in case of dispute. I have expertise in both which you do not have.
3) Currently we are pushing for an overhaul of the Children Act to ensure protection of all children including children whose parents are not married to each other in conformity with Article 53 of the Constitution.
4) Your unnecessary drama spiralled a behind the scenes series of events that resulted in Okoth’s body not being taken to Kabondo.
5) I have taken many mighty men to court (including MPs) and settled out of court with many in cases of parental support ( Including MPs, Cabinet Secretaries and Media personalities). I do not need to shout at funerals to get court orders.
6) I founded a child rights organization that has taken many parents ( including dead beat fathers) to court to force them to take care of their children. I do not need to shout it at funerals.
7) I have no legal, religious or cultural duty to declare someone a wife. While looking for women who have children with politicians, look for those politicians and other men and ask them to declare all their living and dead wives in all shapes and forms. I can only help by bringing a law once you are done with statistics.
Now to the pigerly bit you thrive in and to quote you ” Millie tunajua unafanyua”.
You said history never forgets so let me remind you that I have said before publicly that I love s3x and I have s3x.
Why should it be your headache who I have it with, how I have it or how often I have it. Such a knowledge my brother, can not help us deal with the cancer menace or joblessness in Kenya.
What I also know- men who are overly obsessed with demeaning women sexually, have either a coma or a fullstop where it matters. Real men have BOLDED EXCLAMATION MARKS in support of women.
Send your senji type bloggers I deal with one by one. I am a one woman army.