•Ruto went on record disclosing he fired him due to the rising cases of forced disappearances and murders in the country.
President William Ruto has opened on how former DCI boss George Kinoti exited service.
In his first media interview Wednesday night, Ruto went on record disclosing he fired him due to the rising cases of forced disappearances and murders in the country.
"There was a container at the Nairobi area where people were being slaughtered- in a police station- I mean how did we end up there...What kind of rogue an institution was that? That is why I fired that Kinoti man," said a visibly angry Ruto.
When hard-pressed by journalists, however, to affirm whether he (Kinoti) willfully resigned as he had earlier announced, Ruto downplayed it saying "it is a matter for another day".
He said it was saddening that more than 200 bodies of innocent Kenyans had continued to be retrieved in rivers and thickets with the cause of their deaths remaining unknown.
He said they will not form another task force to probe the deaths because that is the mandate of Ipoa and they want them to investigate.
"It is up to IPOA to tell us how it ended up that Kenyans are killed in this manner and then it was business as usual...30 bodies in Yala, sijui 17 in Garissa, sijui how many bodies elsewhere," he said.
When he named his cabinet in September last year, Ruto announced that Kinoti had resigned.
"I have received the resignation of DCI Kinoti and I have transmitted the same to the NPS to proceed with advertising the job and get someone to act in the position," he said at State House.
The head of state further stated that all individuals who headed key security offices must take the full responsibility over the killings.