Crime. photo credit: colourbox

Police in Naivasha are holding a 17-year-old boy who went berserk and killed a 16 year girl by stabbing her over ten times.

The form two three teen boy from a Nairobi school committed the act after the girl rejected his sexual advances in Mirera estate located off the Naivasha-Mai Mahiu road.

The girl identified as Valerie Njeri went missing on Thursday afternoon and efforts to trace her had been fruitless before the body was found by neighbours on Friday morning.

Dr Ofweneke defends ‘bitter’ baby mama post

According to neighbours, the suspect lured the girl to their house on Thursday afternoon when the parents were out before committing the act.

After spending the night with the corpse under his bed, he decided to dump it outside their gate leaving behind a trail of blood.

According to the father of the girl John Nduno, they had left Naivasha for a burial when their daughter went missing.

An emotional Nduno said that they left the girl manning their shop but efforts to get in touch with her later in the day were fruitless.

“When we came back in the evening we tried searching for her to no avail but we were informed that her body had been found on Friday morning,” he said.

The mother to the boy Susan Ruguru said that they were not in when the incident occurred adding that they were trying to come to terms with the murder.

‘I screamed, open the door!’ Man who found Monicah Kimani’s body told the court 

She said that they noted that something was amiss when their son woke up very early unlike in the past to study.

“Since he went to form three he has changed and has become rude but we never knew he would commit such a crime,” she said.

A neighbour Jane Wanjiku termed the murdered girl as very humble, respectful and bright adding that her death had left them in shock.

“This incident has left as shaken as we knew the two students and at no time did we ever think that we would be here mourning one as the other went to jail,” she said.

Naivasha OCPD Samuel Waweru confirmed the incident adding that the body had been collected while the suspect was in their custody.

-The Star/  Anthony Gitonga