Well then, who would think of making cupcakes which would have the refreshing taste of Tusker Premium Cider? It’s among the best ideas you’ll have seen here on Mpasho and honestly, you’ll probably love it.
First and foremost, Tusker Premium Cider is a deliciously crisp, premium-crafted and refreshing drink created from fresh apples, perfectly balanced for a drinking experience. It delivers a rich fruit flavour and a sharp, crisp finish that is lightly carbonated and super refreshing. It naturally follows that adding Tusker Premium cider to your cupcakes enhances the flavor of these moist and delicious cupcakes.
This is a basic cupcake recipe, modifed it by adding the Tusker Premium Cider.
2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
1¾ cups of sugar
2½ cups flour
2 tsp. of baking powder
½ tsp. salt
3 eggs, room temperature
2 portions of shredded apples (2 Golden Delicious Apples, preferably)
1 bottle of Tusker Premium Cider
¼ cup of milk
2 tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. nutmeg
2 tsp. vanilla extract
maple syrup and pecan pieces for garnish
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 stick unsalted butter
4 c. powdered sugar
1 tbsp. heavy cream or milk
½ tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla
pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 Degrees
2. Within a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add the eggs one at a time to make sure that they are well mixed.
4. Add the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Now add the vanilla extract milk and very slowly, pour in the Tusker Premium Cider while the mixer is still blending.
5. Once you shred the apples, place the apple shreds inside a clean kitchen towel and ring the juice into a cup (you can drink this later, right?)Fold the shredded apples into the cupcake batter.
6. Line two cupcake pans with cupcake papers and use an ice cream scoop to scoop some of the batter in each cupcake paper. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes. Allow to cool before icing.
For the icing: Beat together the cream cheese and butter until well mixed. Slowly add the powdered sugar a cup at a time making sure that each cup gets well mixed making a thick and smooth frosting. Add the cinnamon, vanilla, and salt and mix once more and spread or pipe onto your cupcakes. Drizzle with maple syrup and top off with pecan pieces if you would like.