In what has turned out to be a horrible case of food poisoning, four people have died after consuming African sausage popularly known as “Mutura.” The incident happened at Kenland Estate in Nakuru. KTN reports that the meat used to make the delicious snack was gotten from a cow which had died earlier last week.

The veterinery reports indicate that it had been treated for Anthrax-related complications before it died. Survivors of the ordeal said that they started having severe stomach aches and diarrhoea before being diagnosed with food poisoning once they reported to hospital.

Here’s more information from the report:

MPASHO TV