• Long gone are the days every footballer wanted to fly to Maldives, Santorini in Greece, Dubai among other popular tourist destinations.
• Football superstars especially those with African roots have been preferring to visit their motherland for holidays.
For the last couple of years, we have witnessed football superstars slowly trooping to Africa as their preferred holiday destinations.
Normally a football calendar season ends towards the end of May and footballers jet home to spend some much needed time with their families.
During that short period, many go on holidays to recharge their batteries but things have changed! Long gone are the days every footballer wanted to fly to Maldives, Santorini in Greece, Dubai among other popular tourist destinations.
Football superstars especially those with African roots have been preferring to visit their motherland for holidays.
They have since influenced their teammates, coaches and even former footballers to visit Africa and explore the beautiful things the continent has to offer.
Below is a breakdown of where some of these superstars are holidaying or have been for the last couple of weeks.
1. Paul Pogba
The outgoing Manchester United midfielder is current spending his holiday in Guinea. He took with him Miami Heat pro basket baller, Jimmy Butler.
2. 8 footballers; Mbappe, N'Golo Kante, Riyad Mahrez, Camavinga, Dembele, Slimani, Bennacer and Benrahma are spending their holidays in Morocco.
3. While Jose Mourinho is spending his holiday in Namibia, Chelsea's Kai Havertz is spending his holiday in South Africa.
4. A number of stars among them Mauro Icardi, PSG's Ander Herrera, Liverpool's Ibrahima Konate and Stefan de Vrij are spending their holidays in the neighboring Tanzania.
5. Barca's Memphis Depay and Quincy Promes are spending their holidays in Ghana. Meanwhile, Samuel Umtiti and Real Madrid's newest signing, Aurélien Tchouaméni are spending their holidays in Cameroon.
6. Inaki Williams, Nico Williams and Rhian Brewster are spending their holidays in Ghana. Mauro Icardi also visited Kenya a while back.
Edgar Davies also spent his holiday in Ghana.
Source: Africa Facts Zone.