• Bonus mums who will be celebrating the day include Diana Marua who deeply loves Bahati's firstborn daughter, Mueni.
• The word “bonus” is like something extra special you get for being amazing.
Mothers Day will be celebrated worldwide on Sunday, May 8, and among those being appreciated for their role in the child's life are bonus mothers.
Many Kenyans refer to them as step mums, however, there is a new terminology called bonus mum.
Bonus mums who will be celebrating the day include Diana Marua who deeply loves Bahati's firstborn daughter, Mueni.
She refers to herself as a bonus mum and we celebrate her.
It’s very rare to see two women who have been married to the same man at different points in their lives are able to sit down and have a cordial conversation about life, love, and motherhood.
Here is why you should call such a woman bonus mum and celebrate her as well this coming mothers day.
1. Bonus mums or step mums are women taking loving care of children who aren't biologically theirs.
2. She doesn’t try to serve as a replacement for a biological parent and finds her way and space in an unobtrusive organic way,
3. Step carries with it connotations that don’t usually don't align with the dynamics of a modern blended family.
4. People tend to flinch at the use of the word “stepmom” because of the way they've been represented over the years as wicked, evil, home-wrecking females. However, this is not always the case.
5. The word “bonus” is like something extra special you get for being amazing, and that’s what such mums are like
6. She can bring the blessing of more siblings and more love to the blended family.
7. They become our go-to in tough times. If you need help with a project or financially, we turn to them, thus Bonus mum.
8. She assists in the day to day roles of a biological mum. she shares some of the same financial, spiritual and emotional responsibilities as a child’s biological parent.
9. She holds your dad down. In times when your real mum has left, the bonus mum fills in that void.
Step mum or bonus mum? Let us know which you prefer.