• Gathoni was like a flower among thorns (two brothers) as she was the only sister and the only girl in the family.
TV personality Waihiga Mwaura and his family are mourning the death of their sister Gathoni who passed away a few days ago. The cause of her death has not been made public yet.
Marion C. Garretty once said "A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost.” and we know that it is true.
Below are things you did not know about Lil Gathoni Mwaura.
1. She died aged 32. She celebrated her last birthday on 4th May.
2. She was an alumnus of Day Star University. She completed her MSc in Applied Child Psychology from Nottingham Trent University(School of Social Science). She received her Degree in the year 2018.
3. She graduated with a master of Education from the University of Derby. Her focus was on early years, and special needs education.
4. She worked before as a writer for Footprints Press Publishing House interviewing select Kenyan female achievers and writing short inspirational biographies on their lives.
5. She was the only sister among three siblings, her brothers are Waihiga Mwaura and Ngibuini Mwaura.
6. At the time of her death she was a self-employed education professional consultant.
7. She was passionate about fighting for the rights of people battling mental illness. Describing herself on LinkedIn, Gathoni said she wanted to help eliminate the stigma attached to mental illness.
Check out the latest news here and you are welcome to join our super exclusive Mpasho Telegram group for all the latest and breaking news in entertainment. We would also like to hear from you, WhatsApp us on +254 736 944935.