• So how do you make sure you are safe after that DM becomes an actual date and leads to a relationship?
Many people have met their partners on social media platforms or dating sites.
And when it is time to have a physical date, there are many fears on its outcome.
Here trust becomes an issue, there is a difference between trusting someone online and when you make an actual physical contact.
Other than safety, one should be keen in how they conduct themselves if at all they want to take the relationship further.
So how do you make sure you are safe after that DM becomes an actual date and leads to a relationship?
Here are some of the tips for such a date.
1. Put your safety first. Make sure the meeting is in a public place and someone close to you knows the details and exact location. Be alert on what happens in your surroundings.
2. Keep lowkey during the first date. Do not reveal alot of information about the online date that you met for the first time.
3. Do not have high expectations on the first date. As the popular Kenyan phrase goes- ground inaweza kua tofauti. So it is only good to expect less.
4. Have your own plans. Do not be extremely dependant on your date. You should figure out how you will get back home, and at what time you will leave the date.
5. Do not drink too much on a first date. You need your conscience and full attention to make important decisions. If you can, avoid strong alcoholic drinks or take none at all.