Joseph Irungu alias Jowie has been granted bail. Jowie had been arrested in connection to the murder of businesswoman Monicah Kimani.
He was freed on a 2 million bail or 3 million bond by Justice Wakiaga after more than one year behind bars.
He was arrested in September 2018.
These are the conditions that he has been given bail on.
1. He should not comment on the case on social media or anywhere.
2. He should report to the chief every end month.
In the past Jowie had been denied bail for different reasons mainly
He is to remain in custody during the period of his trial
1 He might interfere with the case
2. He is a threat to himself
“The first accused is nursing a gunshot wound which according to the prosecution is self inflicted in an attempt to commit suicide.
But according to the accused it is as a result of an unfortunate incident after he was shot at.
Whichever way you look at it the accused person is under threat of danger and should be under close supervision and that can only be achieved under protective custody where effective policing is possible.”
3. He has no permanent residence given the fact that Jacque Maribe’s house is now a crime scene so the court fears he might be a flight risk in layman’s language anaweza potea.
4. He is a dangerous person for the fact that he owns a gun and some potential witnesses might feel intimidated.
5. There was no tabled evidence to show that Jowie could not be able to access specialized medical attention. He had submitted that he is in need of specialized medical attention thus he is granted bail.