When it comes to cooking chicken, Kenyans are among the most creative lot in the world. We've seen thousands of recipes including some that have involved avocado and mince meat stuffed in the chicken. However, this one really wins it. Making delicious chicken with Tusker Premium Cider is really worth the try.
Tusker Premium Cider has quickly become a favorite drink with Kenyans over the past year since it was launched to the market. It was and still remains the only apple Cider beer that is locally manufactured in East and Central Africa.
While best served chilled, the drink with a refreshing taste can also be used to cook great food. Here’s a Tusker Premium Cider chicken recipe that we guarantee you’ll enjoy and thank us later!
Author: Olivia's Cuisine
4 chicken thighs (preferably the ones with skin and bones)
1 bottle Tusker Premium Cider
2 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp corn starch
4 cloves of garlic, minced
⅓ cup chopped fresh parsley
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the beer, honey, mustard, corn starch and garlic and whisk it together until the mustard, the honey and the starch are dissolved.
- In a cast iron (or baking dish), pour the beer mixture.
- Season your chicken thighs with salt and pepper on both sides and add them, skin side down, to the cast iron. (Leaving the chicken to marinate in this mixture for about 30 minutes improves the flavor!)
- Bring the cast iron to the oven and roast for 45 minutes, turn the chickens skin side up and let it roast for 45 more minutes or until chicken is golden brown/caramelized.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.