It's boycott season in Kenya. Everybody knows one thing that a friend is abandoning a product or two….. what should Kenyans boycott?
- Sharing avocado. I'm tired of going to the kibanda and being told “Si unibakishie kidogo?”. Kenyans, let us boycott this behavior!
- Kenyan men kuparara. Kenyan men, there is a reason why Arimis is sold at supermarket. Kama ng'ombe haiparari, wewe ni nani?
- Saying “Me I”. Kenyans are the only people in the world who say “Me I want to go there…..”. Boycott saying this NOW!!!
- Love for free wi-fi. These days when a group of friends meet in a kibanda, the first thing they say is “Wi-fi password ni nini?”
- Kulipa matatu na 1,000 bob. First of all, there is no reason to make us all look poor. Also, if you are going to have 1000 bob as you take a matatu, you really should just download Uber na utuwache sisi wengine.
- Forming committees. We love committees as a country. Reconciliation committee, Changia mzinga committee, wedding committee, WhatsApp group committee... some of these committees don’t even have per-diem.
- Always asking for discounts. Hii tabia ya kuingia supermarket na kuuliza “Si hii Nakumatt ina anguka... si upunguze bei ya hii matchbox kidogo... niko na 2 bob”
What else should you boycott this season?