Forty eight people died while many were displaced as their houses were destroyed. The search for bodies has been going on since the incident took place last Wednesday night.
Twelve of the victims will be buried at the public cemetery while one will be buried in Kitale on Friday. Other funeral services will take place at the farms in the area.
There is a row over the body of an eight-year-old that was found on Monday, as two families have claimed it.
Speaking at the mortuary today, Nakuru Public Health Officer Samuel Kingori said the government pathologist had taken samples for tests.
Security was beefed up in the area ahead of the prayers as families collected the bodies.
On Tuesday, Patel Dam owner Mansukh Patel said the burst pointed to heavy rainfall in Dundori Forest.
The farmer explained further that the rains eroded the soil.
“With high pressure, water accompanied by dead stumps, logs and big boulders hit the wall of the dam causing a huge gush of water into the farm and outlying settlements,” he said.
Last week, the water authority said the was built illegally. The dam is one of a number on a sprawling farm near Solai.