Embakasi East Member of Parliament Paul Ongili alias Babu Owino has asked the judiciary to consider releasing Jowie on bail.
Joseph Irungu alias Jowie was arrested in September 2018 in connection to the murder of Monicah Kimani alongside Jacque Maribe.
Unlike Maribe who was released on bail Jowie has remained at Kamiti Maximum Prison to date.
Taking to his social media Babu Owino wrote
‘THE JUDICIARY IS BEING USED!!!
1.When Governor Obado was alleged to have murdered he was given a cash bail/bond term.
2. When Sarah Wairimu was alleged to have murdered Cohen, she was released on cash bail/bond.
3. Jowie should be given cash bail/bond term by the judiciary and when found guilty be jailed.
4. Marxism’s law is that equity is equality.
5. He who comes to equity must come with clean hands.
6. Is it coz JOWI is poor that’s why he is being frustrated by the Rich judiciary?
8. Youth for a youth.
Based on the court ruling, Jowie had been denied bail because,
1. He might interfere with the case.
2. He is a threat to himself.
“THE FIRST ACCUSED IS NURSING A GUNSHOT WOUND WHICH ACCORDING TO THE PROSECUTION IS SELF INFLICTED IN AN ATTEMPT TO COMMIT SUICIDE.
BUT ACCORDING TO THE ACCUSED IT IS AS A RESULT OF AN UNFORTUNATE INCIDENT AFTER HE WAS SHOT AT.
WHICHEVER WAY YOU LOOK AT IT THE ACCUSED PERSON IS UNDER THREAT OF DANGER.
AND SHOULD BE UNDER CLOSE SUPERVISION AND THAT CAN ONLY BE ACHIEVED UNDER PROTECTIVE CUSTODY WHERE EFFECTIVE POLICING IS POSSIBLE.”
3. He has no permanent residence given the fact that Jacque Maribe’s house is now a crime scene so the court fears he might be a flight risk in layman’s language anaweza potea.
4. He is a dangerous person for the fact that he owns a gun and some potential witnesses might feel intimidated.
5. There was no tabled evidence to show that Jowie could not be able to access specialized medical attention.
He had submitted that he was in need of specialized medical attention thus he be granted bail.