Everyone loves being given a nickname at times especially if it has a good meaning.
Well looking at the history of some of our politicians, we must say from their character and some of their public proclamations have earned them interesting nicknames.
Let’s look at some of the names – most of which have made headlines.
- Raila Odinga
Well NASA flag bearer has earned the title of nicknames over and over again. He has been called,
- RAO is the initial of his name Raila Amollo Odinga
- Baba Yao was popularly when he was away for some time, so Kenyans used it to report; Baba when you were away………
- Joshua meaning he’ll get Kenya out of Canaan
- Agwambo meaning the mysterious or unpredictable one.
- Tinga which is Swahili name for tractor
- Jakom which is a luo name used to refer to a Chairman
- Nyundo is a Hummer
- Le President
- Nusu Mkate and the list still continues as he is still the mzee wa Vitendawili as he is popularly being referred to as of late.
2. Uhuru Kenyatta
I must say as much as the President of Kenya has some popular sayings and has also been good at giving people nicknames, he has also earned himself some few nicknames of his own.
- Absentee President
- Airborne President
3. Our dear Deputy President William Ruto has taught Uhuru how to constantly ask Kenyans in their conversation, “Wenzangu tuko pamoja jameni.”
He also is the second runners up in the list of the politician with the most nicknames.
- Hussein Machozi,
- Ole Mashamba
- Meno Kubwa
- Baba Wengi
- Ule Jamaa wa huko chini
- Wale wengine wa kelele
4. Former devolution CS Ann Waiguru may have served for a short time before her doctor relieved her off heavy duties asking her only to do the light ones.
She also earned herself some nicknames like
- Super Minister
- NYS (Ni Ya Sweetie)
5. Mike Mbuvi- Sonko
6. Kalonzo Musyoka earned himself the Watermelon nickname
7. Esther Passaris – BEAUTIFUL girl, lightskin, Mama street lights
8. Musalia Mudavadi- MaDvd, Messi, the prodigal son
9. Ababu Namwamba – Msafiri, the Mole, Dr. Love
10. Boni Khalwale – Boni Mtetezi, Bullfighter
11. Senator Wetangula – Weta, Sirisia Girls Principal
12.Fred Matiang’i – Magufuli
13. Ferdinand Waititu – Baba yao
14. Martha Karua – Iron Lady
Credits: Leah Mutimba