A depressed beautician who was sent home from hospital against a psychiatrist’s advice hanged herself after texting ‘I love you’ to a friend.

Monika Nos, 29, had run her own beauty business but lost clients and suffered from an acute medical episode which led her to being admitted to hospital for psychiatric treatment.

She was sent home against the recommendation of a consultant psychiatrist after appearing to improve. But despite further treatment over the following months she was found dead at a park near her home in Salford, Greater Manchester.

Also read:

Horrifying! Teenager hangs herself after row with stepfather

Shortly before her death on October 5 last year she had been researching methods of suicide and sent a message to her flatmate saying: ‘We need to prepare for the party – I love you xxx.’

Miss Nos, from Poland, had originally settled in Sheffield but moved to Manchester and later worked at a salon in Hyde.

Her cousin Klaudia told the Bolton hearing: ‘She was a very open person and very friendly, was trusting of others and loved fashion and beauty.

‘I don’t think she ever had a problem forming relationships with people, she had become passionate about veganism and was helping people out with their problems in their life.

‘I didn’t see any difficulty with her but this started in January 2018 when her friend rang me to tell me that she had been sectioned. I was so surprised.’

Klaudia said her cousin was ‘clearly not herself’ when she saw her in Manchester.

She was living in some kind of illusion. I couldn’t believe that this was Monika, she was so different.

When she was admitted to hospital, I still went to see her. She started to improve a little bit after taking the medication, but only a little bit. She wasn’t herself.

I remember coming to Manchester with her friend and we persuaded her that she was still in such a state and that she would require further medical care.

Miss Nos’ flatmate, Daria Kietla, said: ‘Monika was really positive, open and happy. Then, that day in January, her friend from Sheffield rang me saying that she had called her because something was wrong.

She wasn’t herself, she was behaving in a different way and I wasn’t sure when she was going to be OK to work again.

When she came out of the hospital, she was not well enough in my opinion. I was looking for a new flat and I didn’t know what to do with Monika.

Miss Nos’ father took his own life when she was a little girl, the flatmate said.

‘We were there for 24 hours while they were looking for a free bed for her – it was tough. I think she expected to feel better in those three weeks since she was discharged, but she didn’t

‘She went back to Poland, where her mum took her to the doctors, but she came back in September and moved in with me. In my opinion, she wasn’t herself still.’

Miss Kietla said she pushed Miss Kos to find a job after she returned to the UK.

‘She had a business before, but she lost a lot of clients. She said that she had lost her passion for nails. We wanted to put her in the hospital, but she said that hospital was the worst thing in her life and she didn’t want to go back there.

On Friday, I came back home from work and then I went to pick up my friend from the airport. As I was coming home I got a message from Monika saying something like “Hi, I am happy that you are on your way back, we need to prepare for the party – I love you xxx”.

When I got back, we went into the home and I opened the door to her room and she wasn’t there. This was at about 11:30pm. I rang her phone but there was no answer, then I rang her boyfriend to go out looking for her.

Then, the police knocked on the door at about 7 or 8am. We had long conversations about life all the time. I think she planned this.

Dr Daryl Britto, a consultant psychiatrist said Miss Nos had been referred from Stepping Hill Hospital in Stockport to a private hospital in Bradford, West Yorkshire under the Mental Health Act in January last year after suffering an ‘acute psychotic episode’.

She later appeared at tribunal hearing on February 9 where a judge, a doctor and a layperson listen to evidence before deciding on a ‘deferred discharge’ which allowed her to be sent home the following week.

Click here to read the full article on Daily Mail