Jacque Maribe’s life took a turn for the worst the minute Joseph Irungu aka Jowie was mentioned as a person of interest in the murder of Monica Kimani.
Every day comes with new findings and a new story on the murder case that just makes Jacque Maribe’s case worsen as an accomplice to the grisly murder of Monica Kimani.
The saying, the internet never forgets will work against Jacque. Anytime you google her now, all that comes up is her involvement in the case her fiance dragged her into.
Well, despite that, the Jacque Maribe we knew was a great journalist. Here are a few achievements he managed to accomplish way before the worst fell on her:
- Jacque Maribe was an actress in the Constant Gardener (2005).
- From September 2009 to December 2011, she was a Senior Political Reporter at K24 TV.
- From December 2011 to October 2012 she was a Political Affairs Reporter at KISS TV of Radio Africa Group.
- From October 2012 to present, Jacque Maribe is a Political Affairs Reporter at Citizen TV of Royal Media Services.
- She received a Head Of State Commendation civilian award from President Uhuru.
Sadly these are things Kenyans will not remember anytime a story on Jacque comes up. The brain evolved a negativity bias that looks for bad news, reacts intensely to it, and quickly stores the experience in neural structure.