Coronavirus popularly known as COVID-19 has claimed 6,518 lives, 77,776 recovered and 169,652 cases reported across the world.
Recently, WHO declared a coronavirus a global health emergency and so far many countries have suspended foreign travels to avoid the spread of the disease.
Well, avoid contracting COVID-19, below are measures to be put into place.
- Clean hands with alcohol-based hand rub *(sanitizers) or soap and water
2. Cover nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with tissue or flexed elbow
3. Avoid close contact (1 metre or 3 feet) with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms
4. Avoid shaking hands. Revise new methods of greeting people
5. Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
6. If you have fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical care early
7. Quarantine yourself especially if you notice mild symptoms like headache, running nose,
8. Wash your hands frequently after coughing, before eating, when caring for the sick, after handling animals or animal waste
9. Avoid crowded places such as churches, shopping malls
10. Clean surfaces