Forty-one residents of Ndunyu Uasin village in Samburu north Sub County are ailing after consuming meat from a dead camel.
Confirming the incident, Samburu special programmes director Daniel Lesaigor told KNA that the 41 residents began to exhibit diarrhoea and vomiting a few hours after consuming the meat.
The special programmes director further confirmed that the camel was ailing before it succumbed adding that it had been injected with a 20 percent dose of a drug known as Ivermectin.
He said that the affected people have been attended to by medical personnel and are in stable condition.
"A medical team has already been sent to the village to stabilise those taken ill and dispose of the remaining carcass," Lesaigor said.
Lesaigor cautioned residents against consuming uninspected meat.
Check out the latest news here and you are welcome to join our super exclusive Mpasho Telegram group for all the latest and breaking news in entertainment. We would also like to hear from you, WhatsApp us on +254 736 944935.