• In Kenya divorce cases have been on the increase.
Every day we hear of couples getting divorced.
Although it does not look like it, divorce can be messy.
It can alter a person's life and those of the people around the couple.
Some people end up depressed.
Motivational speaker Sam West is among Kenyans who have parted ways with their partners.
He was engaged to Kenyan singer Vivianne for years.
Sam has shared things people wish they knew before getting divorced
- They wished they read the bible together as a couple.
- They wish they prioritized their marriages.
- Put the interest of their spouses above their own
- Wished they were more honest in their communication
- They had not deprived their partners of sexual needs
- They never cheated
- Wish the never viewed ponography- had high expectations on how their partners should be
- Never abused alcohol and drugs
- Wished they were never violent to their partners
- They wished they knew how to deal with debt and manage their finances.
Below is a list of the counties and the number of divorce cases as at of November 2022.
- Nakuru- 154
- Eldoret- 145
- Ruiru -138
- Thika- 79
- Mombasa -76
- Kikuyu- 60
- Ngong -54
- Kitale- 52
- Machakos -48
- Nyeri -43
- Mavoko -40
- Kapsabet -39, and Meru - 36.