• Snoop dog has smoked weed for more than half his life.
• His announcement caught many by suprise.
Us rapper Snoop Dogg has announced he has quit smoking for family reasons.
In a Thursday, Nov 16 announcement on his socials, the music legend asked netizens to respect his privacy as he goes through the process.
"After much consideration & conversation with my family, I’ve decided to give up smoke.
"Please respect my privacy at this time."
Here are things to know about his smoking history:
1. The first time he ever got high was when he was 8 or 9 years old.
In 2008, he revealed that the first time he got high was in the 70's with his uncle.
“They had these little roaches on the table - these part-way-smoked marijuana cigarettes - and there was some Schlitz Malt Liquor Bull.
“I went in there and sipped the Schlitz, and my uncle asked me did I wanna hit that roach.
“And I was like, ‘Yeah.’ He put it on the roach clip for me and lit it up, and I hit that motherf****r.”
Snoop then clarified: “I was about eight or nine years old.”
2. He revealed how many joints he smokes a day in March 2023, after a rumor he smokes 75-150 joints
“B***h said I smoke…b***h, this is all in a day’s work. Stop lying.
“F**k I’ma smoke all that weed in one day? What am I, a f****n’ machine? B***h, this is the roaches. See…roaches.”
3. He was a cannabis consumer who marketed his range of marijuana products.
4. He had employed a blunt roller whom he paid between sh6-7million ($40,000 and $50,000) a year
The employee was to keep up with his love of smoking the stuff.
He told Howard Stern about this
“That's his J-O-B, his occupation. On his resumé, it says, 'What do you do?' 'I'm a blunt roller. P-B-R, professional blunt roller.
"If you're great at something I need, I'm hiring you."
5. There is only one other celebrity who can outsmoke him.
Country star Willie Nelson is another famous pot smoker who Snoop tried competing with and was defeated when they smoked together.
During a 2018 episode of Jimmy Kimmel Live, Snoop listed the names of top smokers:
"I would put Bob Marley,” he began. “I would put Cheech and Chong - they were the first faces on the mountain, they're the ones who showed us what a mountain was.
"Willie P. Nelson is definitely on there," he added.
"And by the way, Willie Nelson is the only person who has ever out-smoked Snoop Dogg. I had to hit the 'time out' button."