• Rayvanny, S2kizzy, Davido, Burna Boy, Asake, Olamide, Ayra Starr, Fireboy earn Grammy nominations
• Nigeria’s Burna Boy has earned four nominations in the 2024 Grammy nominations.
The list of Nominees for the 2024 Grammy Awards is out and heavyweights will be battling for the prestigious awards in different categories.
Tanzania’s Rayvanny and music Producer S2kizzy are the only two East African stars who have made it to the list.
The two have earned nominations for 2024 through Maluma’s Album ‘Don Juan through Mama Tetema.
At the same time, Nigeria’s Burna Boy has earned four nominations in the 2024 Grammy nominations.
- “Sittin On Top Of The World” for Best Melodic Rap Performance
- “I Told Them…” for Best Global Music Album
- “Alone” for Best Global Music Performance
- “City Boys” for Best African Music Performance
On the other hand, Davido has three nominations and these are;
- FEEL for Best Global Music Performance
- UNAVAILABLE for Best African Performance
- TIMELESS for Best Global Album
The Nigerian contingent were all nominated for the maiden African Music category with Davido for his hit single 'Unavailable', Burna Boy for 'City Boy', Ayra Starr for 'Rush', and Asake for 'Amapiano' featuring Olamide.
This marks the first nominations for Davido, Olamide, Asake, and Ayra Starr in what is a reflection of the utter dominance of Nigerian mainstream music on the African continent.
South African singer Tyla was also nominated in the category for her hit single 'Water' which earned her her first nomination.
Similarly, Nigerian Pop star Fireboy also earned his first Grammy nomination for his contributions to Jon Baptiste's 'World Music Radio' which was nominated for the Album of the Year.
CKay also earned his first nomination with his appearance in Janelle Monae's 'Age of Pleasure' which was nominated for the Album of the Year. Seun Kuti also earns a nomination courtesy of his appearance on Janelle Monae's 'Age of Pleasure'.