• One can be a Kenyan by birth or by registration.
• Chito says Kenya is his second home.
Did you know Morning Kiss host Chito Ndhlovu is not naturally a Kenyan?
The talented radio host acquired his Kenyan citizenship by applying for it, the process took him 10 years.
Sharing his journey during an interview with Oga Obinna on Kula Cooler, he shared
"It took me 10 years for me to get Kenyan citizenship.
I did not get it.
I am Zambia, Zimbabwean, and South African heritage within me.
I was born in Zambia where my dad hails from, My mum is from Zimbabwe and one of my grannies is from South Africa.
I am married here and the experience is beautiful."
1) A person who has been married to a citizen for a period of at least seven years is entitled on application to be registered as a citizen.
(2) A person who has been lawfully resident in Kenya for a continuous period of at least seven years, and who satisfies the conditions prescribed by an Act of Parliament, may apply to be registered as a citizen.
(3) A child who is not a citizen, but is adopted by a citizen, is entitled on application to be registered as a citizen.
(4) Parliament shall enact legislation establishing conditions on which citizenship may be granted to individuals who are citizens of other countries.
Check out the latest news here and you are welcome to join our super exclusive Mpasho Telegram group for all the latest and breaking news in entertainment. We would also like to hear from you, WhatsApp us on +254 736 944935.